Parenting is a process, and is also a learning process. We believe that people learn best when they are in a supportive environment. Our staff offer support and education while treating you with dignity and respect.
Parenting Classes are available for all types of parenting styles: single parent families, multi-parenting, dual parenting, and for parents who are in custody disputes.
Some of the topics addressed in our parenting groups include:
* Identify challenges you personally face as a parent
* Explore how the way you were parented affects the way you parent today
* Why doesn’t my teenager want to listen to me anymore?
* How to communicate with your children to promote more positive interactions
* How to support your child’s growth and development
* Making the process of parenting a more joyful one
About the facilitator: Jeremy Sinkinson is a Marriage Family Therapist intern. He attended school at California Institute of Integral Studies in San Francisco and studied Integral Counseling Psychology. He also studied cognitive neuroscience at Claremont McKenna College in Claremont, CA. Jeremy has worked in drug recovery for several years, and at El Centro de Libertad, The Freedom Center, Inc. he provides therapy services. He also facilitates parent education classes, domestic violence groups, and wellness and empowerment groups for transitional age youth with a history of trauma.